As a new mum and someone who suffers from anxiety at the best of times, I am feeling a bit on edge. Over the past week things have stepped up a notch and I am asking myself the question “what do we do to protect our family and other people”?
I am checking in with the news regularly and day by day things seem more progressive?
What we are doing…
I am still carrying on with work – but as I work from home not much changes for me. I am not taking or going to any meetings unless its done via conference call or Skype.
Sam is also now working from home – he usually shares an office with around 20+ people so he felt it would be safer for us as a family to make this decision, and shortly after the government advised people too.
We are not self isolating but keeping a social distance from others in order to prevent the spread.
Steps we have taken to help…
- We are trying to go for a walk a day – this gets us out of the house into the open air so we don’t feel completely isolated
- We have created a set routine for Leo – this helps us and him to feel comfortable at home
- We are allowing ourselves some treats – we are saving money on petrol so have a little extra to put into renting a movie, buying a few treats online to help support businesses and having a cheeky glass of wine every now and then (advice was to drink 100ml of vodka a day I have heard)!
- Getting in the garden – its the perfect time of year to get back out there
- Creating clean environments – we are both making the effort to keep the house cleaner than usual (mainly for my sanity as I love a clean house)
To start with these seem fairly simple but they are helping us so I just wanted to share.
Keep safe and stay well.