I can’t believe Leo turns six months today, for half a year (plus almost 10 months in my belly) he has been an absolute joy!
To celebrate his half year, I decided to list my top #mamatips that I have learnt along the journey so far…
- Make your coffee in a flask – the amount of times you have to heat up a cup gets ridiculous!
- Write a to do list – baby brain is still very much a thing (well – thats what I keep telling myself)!
- Do something for yourself at least once a week – as a new mum you always put yourself last and this can make you feel a bit worthless even though you are the one giving everything? Self love is important so treat yourself to a massage or getting your nails done, even let yourself have a treat, it really helps.
- Get out of the house – being a hermit is really detrimental – its hard work I know, as you can’t just pop anywhere anymore, but sometimes even popping out for a coffee out just gives you a bit of head space and gives you that much needed treat.
- The good ol’ dummy – don’t be afraid to use one, they are called pacifiers for a reason.
- A glass of wine – to be safe I use the 2 hour wait rule before I breast feed again, don’t restrict yourself – if you want one have one!
- Don’t over do the baby merch – We had absolutely everything – for example we had a heart rate monitor (which we thought it would be a godsend), but as I sleep right next to Leo every night I have never used it, I just came to know what was normal.
- Make them fit into your routine – I have maintained a normal life as Leo comes with me every where, even to the pub. Get them used to the things you do so you aren’t restricted.
- Its ok not to be ok – you are going to have tough days, you’ve just created a human, your hormones are all over the place, your body imagine will not be what it once was and your hair is probably falling out! Have a good cry and most importantly talk! Joining a post natal or mummy group really helped me.
- Remember, Every Stage Is a Stage (Temporary!) – Leo has changed so much over six months, but building a routine has really helped us. He does something different every week. Remember to enjoy these stages, trust me I am quickly learning they grow up so fast!
Leo here’s a few of your best bits! Happy six months babe!